criminal - immigration - personal injury
Offices: Jacksonville & Orlando
Shorstein, Lasnetski & Gihon was formed in 2008 when originating partners Paul Shorstein and Jeremy Lasnetski began a small, boutique criminal defense and personal injury law office. Jeremy brought his experience as a prosecutor at the State Attorney's Office, serving as a division chief and on the homicide unit. Jeremy is board certified by the the Florida bar in criminal trial law. In addition to criminal law, Jeremy practices immigration law. He has served on the board of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Central Florida Chapter and has lectured on immigration at conferences and seminars throughout Florida.
Paul brought his experience as both a prosecutor in Atlanta, Georgia and as a personal injury attorney at Pacjic & Pacjic in Jacksonville. Paul practices criminal law and personal injury law. He is licensed in Florida & Georgia.
Within a year of the firm's formation, Paul's dad, Harry Shorstein joined the office. Mr. Shorstein is one of the most experienced attorneys and recognizable names in Jacksonville. A Vietnam Veteran with a bronze star, he was elected as the State Attorney for Duval, Clay and Nassau counties and he served in that capacity for 18 years. He has served in many roles throughout his career and has handled many high profile cases.
John Gihon was the next key addition to the office. When John joined the firm, we opened a new office in Altamonte Springs (Orlando). John was a former prosecutor in Jacksonville practicing criminal law and then he became an ICE prosecutor in Orlando practicing immigration law. John brings a unique perspective to the firm as he has an inside view of how the government works within the immigration system. He has trained ICE agents, USCIS officials, and other attorneys on immigration law. John is board certified in immigration law. John has served on the board of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Central Florida Chapter and he is a common guest on news media outlets as an expert in immigration law.
Read more about our attorneys below.
Meet our Attorneys
- Former five term elected State Attorney for Duval, Clay and Nassau counties (1991-2008)
- Former General Counsel for the City of Jacksonville
- One of three potential appointees by the President of the United States to the position of U.S. Attorney
- U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers – Best White Collar Crime Defense Lawyer
- Member of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Featured on Channel 4 News, First Coast News, Fox 30 News, Fox News CNN, USA Today, and many more news agencies
- Jacksonville Magazine's Top Legal Professionals, April 2013
- Former Prosecutor – Head of White Collar Crimes Division
- Personal Injury Attorney – formerly at Pajcic & Pajcic personal injury law firm
- Licensed in Florida and Georgia
- More than 16 years of experience in criminal and personal injury law.
- Former Prosecutor – Homicide Division and Division Chief of Repeat Offender Unit
- Board Certified Criminal Trial Expert – Certified by the Florida Bar
- 2011 Northeast Florida’s Best Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyer
- National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyer in Florida
- Jacksonville Magazine - Top Professionals 2013
- More than 12 years of Trial Experience
- Member of American Immigration Lawyer's Association
- Member of American Immigration Lawyer's Association, Central Florida Chapter and Elected Board Member (2014)
- Former ICE (Immigration) Prosecutor in Orlando - Senior Attorney
- Board Certified Immigration Expert - certified by the Florida Bar
- Former Prosecutor - Homicide Unit and Division Chief
- Lecturer and trainer in immigration and criminal matters
- More than 12 years of experience
Shorstein, Lasnetski, & Gihon offers clients a level of experience and expertise in criminal, immigration and civil litigation matters throughout central and north Florida that cannot be found anywhere else. With the experience and depth of legal knowledge, the firm will continue to focus on client attention, communication and developing efficient, cost-effective and creative solutions to the problems and issues our clients face in Orlando, up through the Jacksonville area and throughout Florida and Southeast Georgia. Shorstein, Lasnetski, & Gihon offers a unique blend of unparalleled experience, ingenuity and enthusiasm to our clients in a variety of criminal, immigration and personal injury legal fields.
We invite you to contact us any time (24 hours a day, seven days a week) to discuss your criminal, immigration, or personal injury matter. Please also feel free to read our blogs, one of which provides practical and up-to-date information about criminal law issues, and the other which discusses issues related to immigration law.
We offer free initial consultations on criminal, deportation, personal injury, and wage and hour cases. Our fee for non-deportation immigration cases is $100 for a comprehensive one hour consultation. Should you decide to retain us for your immigration case, the consultation fee will go toward the overall attorney's fees. Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express are accepted forms of payment. Payment plans are accepted. If you would like to make a payment online, please visit our "Make a Payment" section.
Our Jacksonville office is conveniently located at 6550 St. Augustine Road, Ste. 303, Jacksonville, FL 32217. You can reach us at 904-642-3332.
Our Orlando office is conveniently located just off I-4 in Altamonte Springs just 10 minutes north of downtown Orlando at 409 Montgomery Road, Suite 115, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714. You can reach us at 407-228-2019.