TN Visas - Canadian & Mexican Professionals
SHORSTEIN, LASNETSKI, & GIHON
helps Canadian & Mexican Professionals obtain employment visas.
EMPLOYMENT VISAS FOR
CANADIAN & MEXICAN PROFESSIONALS
The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) provided another avenue for Canadian and Mexican citizens to enter the United States to obtain employment in a professional assignment.
- citizen or national of Canada or Mexico
- professional assignment in the U.S. as defined in the NAFTA treaty
- hold the proper educational degree or license to be considered professional as listed in NAFTA
- have the requisite professional experience, if applicable
- qualify as a business person as defined in NAFTA
- seek temporary entry and demonstrate non-immigrant intent (not intending to stay permanently)
Canadian citizens can obtain a TN visa for up to 3 initial years with unlimited extensions thereafter.
Mexican citizens can obtain a TN visa for up to 1 initial year with unlimited extensions thereafter.
If you or someone you know is interesting in setting up a consultation to determine eligibility for a TN visa, TN visa extension, change of status, adjustment of status or any other TN issues, please call us.